State of Utah
Open to City Employees and the General Public
Date Opened: May 4, 2023
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Recreation Worker II: Lead Front Desk – Art Museum PT 23-5-80
Department: Leisure Services Salary: $12.53/hour
Reports to: Art Museum Manager Supervises: None
Under the direction of the Art Museum Manager, performs various tasks as necessary to provide services for the St. George Art Museum.
Essential Functions (Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge, skills, and other characteristics. The list of tasks is illustrative only and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions in this class.)
1. Operates Art Museum store; assists museum manager in organizing documentation of consignment artists and required paperwork/records
2. Oversees the work of other part time front desk employees and volunteers during assigned shifts or tasks
3. Assists in staff training, scheduling, assignments, and recruiting
4. Schedules all front desk staff shifts. Assists museum manager and education specialist in scheduling volunteers for events, programs, or special projects
5. Provide customer service in person and over the phone; answering questions and/or referring customers to appropriate staff members
6. Responds to public inquiries providing accurate information regarding various city arts and recreation programs and services
7. Aids in the promotion and advertising of programs and special events
8. Registers participants for programs, classes and activities
9. Performs money-handling duties according to City and division policies and procedures.
10. General office and clerical duties
11. Copies and prepares various brochures, flyers, schedules, rosters, etc. for distribution
12. Completes required records, reports and submits them to the Museum Manager and Curator
13. Organizes, cleans, prepares and maintains museum facilities and other work areas
14. Works programs and special events
15. Runs errands
16. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing other related duties as needed.
17. Follow all city policies and procedures
18. Oversees Front Desk Receptionists and Recreation Worker I.
Typical Physical/Mental Demands/Working Conditions
Conditions and temperatures may vary depending on the assignment. Requires the use of vision and/or hearing to identify and evaluate emergencies. Must be able to respond quickly and appropriately to emergencies. Requires moderately heavy physical activity exerting 25-50 pounds of force occasionally and/or 10-25 pounds of force frequently. Mental demands of intermittent exposure to stress as a result of human behavior.
Note: Must be available to work weekends, evenings, holidays, and other schedules to help prepare for museum offerings. This is a part-time position with variable hours averaging less than 28 hours per week over a period of twelve months.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent. Preference given to those with education in museum studies, visual arts or a related field.
Minimum of six months experience working at the front desk for the St. George Art Museum, or a similar organization, showing adequate knowledge and skill in assigned tasks
Minimum of six months experience using Sportsman SQL, or similar registration management/sales software platform
Customer service experience preferred
Licenses and/or Certifications:
Must possess a valid driver license. A valid Utah Driver License must be obtained within 60 days of hire and be maintained throughout employment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
General Knowledge of Art and Art Museums preferred
Customer service, problem solving, and effective, active listening
Computer literate, primarily all Google & Windows programs
Complete assigned tasks and assignments in a timely manner
Communicate orally in the English language or on a one-on-one or group setting basis
Prepare written information in the English language using proper sentence construction, punctuation, and grammar
Learn and operate museum specific software
Perform Physical Labor
Efficiently respond in a calm and effective manner to a variety of demands and projects
Work with a team
Operate a motor vehicle safely
Work independently and supervise others
Follow through with assignments with minimal supervision
To Apply: Submit a completed City of St. George Employment Application online at careers.sgcity.org.
Applications are reviewed on an ongoing basis. Position is open until filled. Refer questions to Human
Resources at 435-627-4670. Pre-employment drug screening and criminal background screen are required.
The City of St. George is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, national origin, age, disability, or genetic information. We make reasonable efforts to provide reasonable accommodation to disabled candidates.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $12.53 per hour
Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:Saint George, UT 84770: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: In person
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.