State of Utah
UTAH COUNTY OFFICE OF HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
100 East Center, Suite 3800, Provo, UT 84606 Phone: (801) 851-8158
Fax: (801) 851-8166 ‚ Email:
“The Value of Public Service Employment is vital to the success of our state, county, and local communities.”
Utah County Government Employees start every day with the well-being of the entire community in mind:
How can I make my community a better place?
Who will need my help and protection?
How will I make a difference for someone?
We hire smart, compassionate, loyal, ethical, committed, innovative people.
Apply today and join our Team.
Community Development administers all adopted land use regulations and policies, building and construction codes, and fire safety and prevention codes and guidelines for the unincorporated areas of Utah County. Administration of such codes, regulations, and policies includes land use ordinance creation and maintenance, permit and license plan reviews and inspections, and education and compliance efforts.
Posting Date: July 26, 2023 Closing Date: *open until filled
All applications received by August 9, 2023 at 11:59 p.m. MST will be screened by the Human Resources Office. Those applicants meeting the specified qualifications and additional screening criteria will be referred for a hiring interview. The Human Resource Office will continue to consider qualified candidates as needed until the position is filled
POSITION: Building Inspector – Combination POSTING #: 3031-0723sr
This position may be underfilled as a Building Inspector – Limited
Under general direction of the Building Official, performs building inspections and checks plans to determine compliance with adopted construction codes. Incumbents serving in this classification perform duties within the scope of their State License and International Code Council (ICC) certification(s).
Starting Pay: Building Inspector – Combination – $29.40 – $33.81Hourly
Building Inspector – Limited – $23.86 – $27.42 Hourly
Schedule: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. Monday thru Friday
Building Inspector – Combination
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Four (4) years of work experience in the construction industry including, at least one (1) year performing building inspection and plan checking activities.
3. Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered, but education may not substitute for experience performing building inspection and plan checking activities.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
1. Applicants must possess and maintain valid International Code Conference (ICC) certifications as a building, electrical, plumbing, and mechanical inspector.
2. Selected applicant must obtain a valid State of Utah Combination Inspector License prior to employment.
Building Inspector – Limited
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. One (1) year of work experience in the construction industry or building inspection training/education.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
1. Applicants must possess and maintain a valid International Code Conference (ICC) certification as a Residential Building Inspector.
2. Selected applicants must obtain a valid State of Utah Limited Building Inspector License prior to employment.
Click here for a full job description
Benefits Package Includes:
100% paid premiums for health insurance
Up to 6.2% match in your 401(k)
Utah Retirement Systems (Pension and 401(k) options)
Pre-tax savings Health Savings Account (HSA)
Fourteen (14) paid Holidays
Dental and Vision Insurance
Employee Assistance Program
It is the policy of Utah County Government to assure equal employment opportunity to its employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, disability, age, sex, sexual orientation, genetic status of gender identity.
UTAH COUNTY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To apply for this job please visit utahcounty.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.