State of Utah
Open to City Employees and the General Public
Date Opened: April 28, 2023
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Recreation Worker I: Town Square Summer Performance Group – Performer PT 23-4-74
Department: Leisure Services Salary: $11.08/hour
Reports to: Technical Theater Coordinator Supervises: None
Under the general direction of the Technical Theater Coordinator performs vocal and choreographed performances at Town Square and other city locations during the summer season (Leisure EEEE’s).
Essential Functions (Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge, skills, and other characteristics. The list of tasks is illustrative only and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions in this class.)
● Takes direction from the Town Square Performance Group Director and Co-Director
● Provides entertainment through song and dance (both solo and group) for children and adults throughout the summer months.
● Leads children through visual art activity.
● Assists with set-up and operation of mobile museum.
● Assists with set-up and execution of Movie in the Parks events.
● May assist with the set-up of sound systems.
● Supports other division and department programs and activities as needed.
● Performs related duties as assigned.
● Provide customer service in person and over the phone; answering questions and/or referring customers to appropriate staff members.
● Responds to public inquiries providing accurate information regarding recreation programs and services.
● Aids in the promotion and advertising of programs and special events
● Registers participants for programs, classes and activities
● General office and clerical duties
● Copies and prepares various brochures, flyers, schedules, rosters, etc. for distribution.
● Organizes, cleans, prepares and maintains recreation facilities and other work areas
● Works programs and special events
● Runs errands
● Contributes to team effort by accomplishing other related duties as needed
● Follow all city policies and procedures
Typical Physical/Mental Demands/Working Conditions
Conditions and temperatures may vary depending on the assignment. Requires the use of vision and/or hearing to identify and evaluate emergencies. Must be able to respond quickly and appropriately to emergencies. Requires moderately heavy physical activity exerting 25-50 pounds of force occasionally and/or 10-25 pounds of force frequently. Mental demands of intermittent exposure to stress as a result of human behavior.
Note: Must be available to work weekends, evenings, holidays, and other schedules to help prepare for recreation offerings. This is a part-time position with variable hours averaging less than 28 hours per week over a period of twelve months.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent preferred. Preference given to those with education in recreation or a related field.
Past stage or performance experience is a plus.
Experience: Customer service experience preferred but not required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
General Knowledge of Recreation and Leisure Activities and Programming Practices preferred
Customer service oriented
Communicate verbally and in writing in a proficient manner
Establish and maintain effective working relations with those contacted in scope of work, e.g., city staff, cast members, general public, etc.
Stand, move and perform minor choreography and sing (both solo and group) for a minimum of forty
(40) minutes at a time in an outdoor setting.
Interact well with other performers as well as with audience members of all ages.
Entertain children and adults throughout the summer months.
Assist with the set-up of a sound system preferred.
Work evening and week-ends as required.
To Apply: Submit a completed City of St. George Employment Application online at careers.sgcity.org.
Applications are reviewed on an ongoing basis. Position is open until filled. Refer questions to Human
Resources at 435-627-4670. Pre-employment drug screening and criminal background screen are required.
The City of St. George is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, national origin, age, disability, or genetic information. We make reasonable efforts to provide reasonable accommodation to disabled candidates.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $11.08 per hour
Monday to Friday
Work Location: In person
To apply for this job please visit careers.sgcity.org.