State of Utah
Under the direction of the City of St. George Assistant Recreation Manager -Aquatics, oversee facility operations; and performs other functions.
Essential Functions (Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge, skills, and other characteristics. The list of tasks is illustrative only and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions in this class.)
● Supervises work of part-time Recreation Worker I – Office Clerical Worker I/II -Aquatics employees by providing direction on work duties, use of time and adherence to City and Aquatic Facilities’ policies and procedures.
● Enforces facility rules and regulations and notifies facility management of recurring and/or serious infractions.
● Completes required records, reports and submits them to facility management.
● Performs maintenance or other tasks assigned by supervisor.
● Inspects the facility daily and reports any unsafe conditions or equipment to facility management.
● Assists with Recreation Worker I – Office Clerical Worker I/II -Aquatics duties.
● Conducts/Attends scheduled meetings with management and other staff.
● Oversees training of Recreation Worker I – Office Clerical Worker I/II -Aquatics.
● Works special events as assigned.
● Oversees facility reservations and notifies facility management of any special requests or needs.
● Manages inventory controls and oversees the proper use, safety, and security of all supplies, and orders office supplies, concession foods, and pro shop supplies as needed.
● Performs other related duties as required.
Typical Physical/Mental Demands/Working Conditions
Conditions and temperatures may vary depending on the assignment. Requires the use of vision and/or hearing to identify and evaluate emergencies. Must be able to respond quickly and appropriately to emergencies. Requires moderately heavy physical activity exerting 25-50 pounds of force occasionally and/or 10-25 pounds of force frequently. Mental demands of intermittent exposure to stress as a result of human behavior.
Note: Must be available to work weekends, evenings, holidays, split shifts, and other schedules to help prepare for recreation offerings. This is a part-time position with variable hours averaging less than 28 hours per week over a period of twelve months.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent. Preference given to those with education in recreation or a related field.
● Experience working with youth and adults in a recreational setting.
● Experience working at the St. George Aquatic Facilities for a minimum of 9 months OR a combination of experience at the St. George Aquatic Facilities and a different Aquatic/Community Facility for a minimum of 1 year.
● Customer service experience preferred
Licenses and/or Certifications:
● Must possess a valid driver license. A valid Utah Driver License must be obtained within 60 days of hire and be maintained throughout employment. Valid out-of-state drivers licenses may be accepted for active out-of-state students paying out-of-state tuition. Supporting documentation must be submitted to your supervisor each semester for approval.
● Must obtain First Aid, CPR, and AED certifications within 60 days of hire which must be maintained throughout employment.
● Must obtain Utah Food Handlers Permit within 60 days of hire which must be maintained throughout employment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
● General Knowledge of Recreation and Leisure Activities and Programming Practices preferred
● Working with people of all ages on a continuing basis.
● Aquatic Facilities’ operations, rules, and regulations.
● Computers and computer programs.
● Sportsman recreation management software or similar program preferred.
● Highly motivated
● Customer service oriented
● Computer literate
● Follow Directions
● Perform Physical Labor
● Be Flexible
● Work with a team
● Operate a motor vehicle safely
● Work independently and supervise others
● Maintain a professional demeanor at all times.
● Organize work duties of self and others.
● Report and discuss all safety, facility and staff issues with supervisor.
● Ensure part-time employees comply with appropriate customer service and time management practices.
To Apply: Submit a completed City of St. George Employment Application online at careers.sgcity.org. Applications are reviewed on an ongoing basis. Position closes 7/21/2023 at 5:00 p.m.. Refer questions to Human Resources at 435-627-4670. Pre-employment drug screening and criminal background screen are required. The City of St. George is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, national origin, age, disability, or genetic information. We make reasonable efforts to provide reasonable accommodation to disabled candidates
Monday to Friday
Weekends as needed
Ability to commute/relocate:
St. George, UT: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: In person
To apply for this job please visit careers.sgcity.org.