State of Utah
Pulled from the full job description
Oversees the procedural matters related to an ongoing project or program in an assigned area. Provides administrative support to senior department personnel. Plans and coordinates project scheduling, budgeting, and administrative tasks. Supports the project staff by facilitating project logistics such as meetings, conference rooms, conference calls, etc.
1. Coordinates procedural matters regarding the day-to day operations of an academic or administrative project.
2. Plans and implements procedural changes/modifications for the project.
3. Monitors expenditures to ensure compliance within prescribed budget parameters.
4. May assist in the preparation of social media materials, and outreach publications.
5. Maintains or oversees the maintenance of project records, lists or files. Prepares related reports and performs evaluation of project effectiveness.
6. Provides information to students, faculty, staff, and government and community agencies regarding the policies and procedures of the department.
7. May take meeting minutes and action items during meetings and performs basic follow-up.
8. Coordinates seminars, workshops, luncheons, and other meetings on topics including arranging guest travel.
9. May act as the University’s representative for this field or specialty area when contacting other departments and outside organizations.
This job description is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
Work Environment and Level of Frequency typically required
Nearly Continuously: Office environment.
Physical Requirements and Level of Frequency that may be required
Nearly Continuously: Sitting, hearing, listening, talking.
Often: Repetitive hand motion (such as typing), walking.
Seldom: Bending, reaching overhead.
Six years related experience or equivalency (1 year of college education is equivalent to 2 years of related work experience). Demonstrated human relation and effective communication skills also required. Bachelor’s degree in a related area is preferred.
Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
Special Instructions Summary
The University of Utah values candidates who have experience working in settings with students from diverse backgrounds and possess a strong commitment to improving access to higher education for historically underrepresented students.
Individuals from historically underrepresented groups, such as minorities, women, qualified persons with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Veterans’ preference is extended to qualified applicants, upon request and consistent with University policy and Utah state law. Upon request, reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to individuals with disabilities.
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information, or protected veteran’s status. The University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in the education program or activity that it operates, as required by Title IX and 34 CFR part 106. The requirement not to discriminate in education programs or activities extends to admission and employment. Inquiries about the application of Title IX and its regulations may be referred to the Title IX Coordinator, to the Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights, or both.
To request a reasonable accommodation for a disability or if you or someone you know has experienced discrimination or sexual misconduct including sexual harassment, you may contact the Director/Title IX Coordinator in the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action:
Director/ Title IX Coordinator
Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action (OEO/AA)
383 University Street, Level 1 OEO Suite
Salt Lake City, UT 84112
Online reports may be submitted at oeo.utah.edu
For more information: https://www.utah.edu/nondiscrimination/
To inquire about this posting, email: email@example.com or call 801-581-2300.
The University is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”). Eligible new hires with prior URS service, may elect to enroll in URS if they make the election before they become eligible for retirement (usually the first day of work). Contact Human Resources at (801) 581-7447 for information. Individuals who previously retired and are receiving monthly retirement benefits from URS are subject to URS’ post-retirement rules and restrictions. Please contact Utah Retirement Systems at (801) 366-7770 or (800) 695-4877 or University Human Resource Management at (801) 581-7447 if you have questions regarding the post-retirement rules.
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check and/or drug screen.
https://safety.utah.edu/safetyreport This report includes statistics about criminal offenses, hate crimes, arrests and referrals for disciplinary action, and Violence Against Women Act offenses. They also provide information about safety and security-related services offered by the University of Utah. A paper copy can be obtained by request at the Department of Public Safety located at 1658 East 500 South.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
* Do you have 6 or more years of related experience or equivalency? (1 year of college education is equivalent to 2 years of related work experience).
* Indicate your level of experience in project coordination including implementing project changes, monitoring expenditures, maintaining project records & files, and creating reports and/or publications related to the project:
* Do you have a related Bachelor’s degree or equivalency? (2 years related work experience may be substituted for 1 year of education)
* Do you have previous work experience in a college/university environment?
Appropriate discharge document (such as a DD-214 – Member Copy 4) – Veteran Only – Call 801.581.2169
Addendum to the University of Utah – Veteran Only – Call 801.581.2169 after submission
To apply for this job please visit utah.peopleadmin.com.